For this week’s Meet a Muley post, we thought we’d take it back to the Connectors team and introduce you to a newer Muley! Suchi Deshpande, Sr. Product Manager for Connectors, has a quirky sense of humor and focuses her time on keeping things connected. Despite coming from a mobile background, she’s settled into MuleSoft pretty well. When she’s not running around the office, she’s spending time perfecting her fighting technique.
- I am definitely going to the gym… tomorrow.
How did you find MuleSoft?
- Two words…Dan Ahmadi. He was my connection into MuleSoft. I used to be a Product Manager for Mobile Apps, so I wasn’t 100% sold on MuleSoft at first. But once I started doing the research and met the people, it quickly turned into a dream job scenario.
How did you first get interested in your field?
- I had an excellent mentor in my first start-up. I always strive to be like her, but in a non-creepy way.
What exactly do you do?
- Figuring out how to make the world one giant system… using connectors!
How was the interview process?
- Intense and interesting. I had the on-site interview when I was a week away from giving birth to my son and my doctor’s words were, “This could happen any day now”. I just remember crossing my fingers and hoping I’d get through the interview process without a mishap.
What was your first job?
- YMCA, working for a middle-school after-school program. I quit after two months, I couldn’t get myself to be the bigger person and take crap from third graders. Kids can be mean!!
What’s a typical day like for you?
- Wake up – hit the snooze button 4 times – coffee – make a to-do list while people-watching on the BART – participate in tech & strategic meetings – more meetings – lots more coffee – review my to-do list at the end of the day & realize that I only checked off 1/10 times. Rinse and repeat.
What are you currently working on?
- Questioning my existence. But seriously, trying to piece together my learnings from my 2.5 months at MuleSoft.
Biggest challenge of the day?
- Time is always slipping away.
Best perk of being at MuleSoft?
- Definitely the people. I cannot think of a nicer and smarter bunch to be surrounded by.
Biggest challenge since you’ve been at MuleSoft?
- Managing my time. There’s always something that I should be doing that I’m not.
What’s something new you learned today/while being at MuleSoft?
- There’s a place in Texas called Scurry. We had our product meetup there for 5 days. As Greg, our CEO put it, it was 20 miles from nowhere.
Best piece of advice you’ve received?
- Life is a box of chocolates…just kidding.. “Never try to be someone you’re not.”
- Haven’t had one of those in a long time! Recently, my weekends have been far from typical. We spend our time taking trips to the zoo, parks, museums, and catching up on shows.
Most embarrassing moment?
- I like being employed too much to answer that question.
If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- Fight like Bruce Lee. The best I can do now is keel over and curl up in a ball when someone charges at me. (Yes, he is a super-hero).
If you weren’t doing what you’re doing, what would you do?
- Stalking Tina Fey.
If you could have any pet in the world, what would you want?
- Preferably someone/something that can feed and pick up after itself.
Anything else you’d like to share with us?!
- This is the worst-kept secret, but I have the sense of humor of a 14 year old boy. Not always work appropriate.
That’s it for this week’s Meet a Muley! We hope you enjoyed meeting another member of out connectors team. Check back next week for an all new team member. As always, leave a comment below if you’re interested in hearing from someone in particular.
Interested in working with talented people? Think you’re a superstar and have what it takes? Visit our MuleSoft Careers page to check out our latest openings.