I’m pleased to announce the availability of our Anypoint Studio 5.3 release with the brand new Mule 3.7.2 release. This release features a new validations module, which allows you to easily validate Mule messages using a variety of built in validators. It also features many improvements such as improved ability to attach sources to runtimes and improvements to the API gateway runtime experience in Anypoint Studio.
This release includes a new validations module, which has a set of validators that help you easily check for conditions and throw appropriate errors when they are met. For example, if you want to ensure an incoming API request with some user information, you can use the validations module to ensure that certain fields are set, such as the name, that an email is valid, or write custom logic to ensure a user id conforms to your rules.
The validations module comes with a full set of validators. And you can write your own logic as well, using MEL. For more information, please see the documentation.
API Gateway and Domain Improvements
The API Gateway runtime includes a shared domain as part of the runtime, which makes it easy for all applications to share a common HTTP port. Previously, when importing projects or creating new APIs in Anypoint Studio, you had to set up this domain manually. Anypoint Studio now auto-creates a project with the API Gateway default domain that contains a shared HTTP listener configuration for all your APIs.
This release also features a number of additional improvements:
- You can now attach sources for JARs bundled inside Mule runtime containers on the classpath, and Anypoint Studio remembers the settings. You can also reference Mule flows contained in JARs on the classpath.
- Added preference pane that allows users to manage the location of their Mule source zip files and attach them to Mule runtimes.
- You now reference Mule flows which exist in a JAR on the classpath, enabling modularization of flows.
To get started:
- Download the new release of Anypoint Studio »
- Download the Mule 3.7.2 »
- Read the release notes for Anypoint Studio and the 3.7.2 runtime.
We look forward to your feedback in this post’s comments and in our forum. Happy connecting!