Today, the Mule 3.7 runtime and Anypoint Studio June 2015 are now GA. This release brings to a close over two months of product announcements impacting nearly every aspect of Anypoint Platform. It also marks the beginning of a new way for our user community to experience our products — less as a collection of rich independent capabilities and more a unified platform with unified tooling and unified management to help users deliver value with speed, scale, and control.
With the June 2015 release, we’ve introduced a new conversation piece to organize the capabilities of Anypoint Platform — we call this the neutron star — and I’ll use this neutron star to review what’s new with Anypoint Platform.
Mule runtime engine – Mule, version 3.7 available today, is the runtime engine of Anypoint Platform, deployable in your own data center or available with our CloudHub iPaaS to run your integrations in the cloud or in hybrid environments. This same runtime is the core engine for API Gateway 2.0. New in Anypoint Platform June 2015:
- DataWeave: a new language and module for querying and transforming data
- Metadata enabled payloads: attach metadata to payloads for context-aware connectivity
- Non-blocking HTTP proxies: Scale APIs with higher concurrency
- MUnit 1.0-RC: refactored Mule testing framework
- DevKit SOAP Connect: package multiple WSDL files into a single reusable connector
- Java 8 support: Mule 3.7 is compliant with both Java 7 and Java 8
And a deeper dive into what’s new with the 3.7 runtime is available in this blog series:
- A sneak peek into Mule 3.7’s deepest internals
- Unifying the Mule Registry in 3.7
- Object Lifecycle and Dependency Injection in Mule 3.7
- Anypoint Enterprise Security: With the June 2015 release, we have moved from a policy based model to a manual configuration model for our AES OAuth provider.
- OpenAM Federated Identity Support: Customers can utilize OpenAM as a full OAuth security provider for API management as well as SSO into Anypoint Platform.
- Salesforce (now supporting 56 different operations, OAuth JWT & SAML support)
- Workday (update to v.24)
- ServiceNow (support for custom tables)
- SAP (bug fixes).
- NetSuite & Pub/Sub pattern templates: Over 100 templates are now in the Anypoint Exchange including 4 new Salesforce to NetSuite templates and Pub/Sub pattern templates.
- RAML APIs in Anypoint Exchange: Use any RAML API in the Exchange to quickly connect to REST-based systems by using the HTTP Connector. Once you load the RAML file, all other fields will be automatically populated based on the RAML spec.
- Hybrid management: Manage applications and servers running on-premises or in the cloud from a single management plane.
- Business Groups: Delegate management and administration of Anypoint Platform to users within different business units or functions. Or completely isolate resources for multi-tenant use cases.
- Mule agent – events support and plugins: Now supporting events, the Mule agent enables admins to create and configure alerts and automate processes based on business flows. It also comes with pre-built plugins for Splunk and ELK, speeding third party extensibility.
- DataWeave Module: Our next generation data mapping and transformation solution, available in Anypoint Studio
- Message Processor Metadata: Supply design time metadata to any message processor and declare the type of your payload, ensuring that Anypoint Studio provides content-assist capabilities and visibility into your payload.
- DevKit – SOAP Connect: A feature within our SDK that allows users to quickly package multiple WSDL files or fetch them dynamically into a single reusable connector with minimal coding.
- MUnit 1.0 – RC: The refactored MUnit features a significant upgrade to the previous MUnit Message Processing language, better integration with Anypoint Studio, and an expanded set of components to run test against.
- MuleSoft solutions for Microsoft: Extended Microsoft connectivity to PowerShell and expanded RAML tooling for Visual Studio to allow .NET developers to stay in their native environment while leveraging the power of Mule.
- Business Groups (see above) provide inheritance of portal theming options. Centralized teams can provide default templates which can then be built upon by various Business Groups.
Anypoint Platform June 2015 – We’ve taken a significant step forward with Anypoint Platform to enable organizations to perform even more powerful data integrations and make it easier for them to do so with unified management and community collaboration. The ability to manage API-led connectivity in one place is key to an enterprise’s hybrid integration strategy. With this release, we are redefining integration so companies can transform and compete in a vastly changing digital world.