A lot of effort was put in 3.7 to upgrade our libraries stack. That effort actually began in 3.6, and although the list of upgraded libraries is not so big as it was on that release, it’s somehow more significant given that we upgraded some dependencies that we held very close to our hearts and core.
Upgraded from version 2.5.9 to 2.7.15. According to the Apache CXF team themselves, some features related to jixb might experience some issues when running with Java 8. We consider that to be a very edge case but if it just happens to be your case, you should be fine if you just run it with Java 7.
This was a major one! Upgraded from 3.2.13 to 4.1.6.
Upgraded from version 1.8.5 to 2.2.1
Kryo (EE users only)
Kryo was upgraded from version 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 (shaded). kryo-serializers was also upgraded from version 0.27 to 0.29.
Other minor upgrades
- c3p0 has been upgraded from version 0.9.1 to 0.9.5
- neethi has been upgraded from version 3.0.2 to 3.0.3
- wsdl4j: from version 1.6.2 to 1.6.3
- wss4j: from version 1.6.9 to 1.6.18
- xmlschema-core: from version 2.0.3 to 2.1.0
- woodstox-core-asl: from version 4.1.4 to 4.4.1
- stax2-api: from version 3.1.1 to 3.1.4
- XStream was upgraded from version 1.4.2 to 1.4.7
Thanks for reading!