The SAP ecosystem is complex. However, the right SAP integration strategy enables organizations to transform critical business functions.
Digital transformation is about more than digitizing existing manual processes. It’s an opportunity to reimagine your entire business, how to create best-in-class customer and partner experiences, how to drive incremental revenue, and how to increase employee productivity. A connected, agile IT landscape serves as the foundation for an agile and successful business.
Core to delivering these outcomes is integrating disparate systems and technologies that unlock new business capabilities. SAP’s powerful enterprise resource planning (ERP) system often acts as the system of record or data master for much of an organization’s data and transactions, but there are many non-SAP systems that contain other important customer and business information. And increasingly, companies rely on modern CRM systems to act as a system of engagement, where employees prefer to do their work. Thus, connecting all of these systems together is crucial to delivering the connected customer, partner, and employee experiences that bring digital transformation.
SAP integration challenges
For enterprises running on SAP, figuring out the right strategy to integrate SAP with their other core business systems can be a challenge. The SAP ecosystem is complex. However, the right SAP integration strategy enables organizations to transform critical business functions such as accounting and financials, human capital management, supplier relationship management, enterprise performance management, and many others.
Businesses often encounter three challenges when integrating SAP to third-party systems and applications:
- SAP’s integration methods don’t extend well to third-party systems.
- Inconsistent configuration increases complexity and costs.
- Specialized skill set requirements lead to slow delivery.
SAP integration requires the right technology, a strategic approach to connect SAP and third-party systems, and a means of enabling your organization to achieve success. MuleSoft addresses SAP integration across three domains:
- Technology: MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform connects SAP to any app, data, or device.
- Process: MuleSoft abstracts SAP configuration complexity with an API-led approach.
- People: MuleSoft Catalyst empowers your teams to succeed, with industry best practices, playbooks, customer success programs, and professional services offerings.