It was an amazing year for the MuleSoft Community in 2019, breaking all the records from years prior! Newer MuleSoft developers learned from veteran developers through a number of events, articles, and videos. Before we say goodbye to 2019, we want to review the amazing year we had and highlight some of the key Community moments before starting our exciting 2020 projects.
Numerous MuleSoft Meetups!
We held 246 MuleSoft Meetups in 93 cities and 28 countries, bringing together more than 11,000 developers to share their experiences, expand their knowledge, and build their network of peers.
On behalf of the whole MuleSoft team, we want to thank our 253 volunteer community leaders, who make these events happen on a regular basis in their city. The community wouldn’t be the same without you!
Some key highlights from our 2019 Meetups:
- In Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Pune, each event gets several hundreds of registrations, selling out seats in only a couple of hours! If you live in one of these cities, make sure to become a member of your local group to receive a notification as soon as a new event is published.
- In September, we held 31 Meetups were held. That’s right, averaging more than one per each day of the month!
- During our Community Success months, more than 3,500 developers received a free certification voucher for attending a MuleSoft Meetup. The Community Success Months are a special time each year, when we share the latest updates on MuleSoft Training and Certifications, and encourage more developers to take the leap to boost their careers. Stay tuned for the 2020 Community Success Months by joining your local group.
Exceptional MuleSoft Ambassadors
Our Ambassadors are our top contributors and recognized mentors of the MuleSoft Community. They speak at events, publish tutorials, mentor others, and lead by example wherever they are.
This year, thousands of MuleSoft developers were able to meet our Ambassadors as they travelled all over the globe:
- Manish Yadav, famous forum contributor and Meetup Leader in Mumbai and Pune, traveled to Poland for a project and was a special guest at our Warsaw Meetup, led by….
- Patryk Bandurski! Our Polish Ambassador and blogger has led many Meetups in Warsaw this year, but also traveled to London to give a talk at our special Meetup at CONNECT.
- Ryan Andal, our Ambassador and Meetup Leader from Manila, Philippines, traveled to Sydney to participate in a panel at CONNECT and share his success story as a MuleSoft Developer.
- Joshua Erney, our blogger and now famous speaker presented at multiple Meetups across the U.S., including CONNECT in San Francisco.
- Manik Magar has been very involved with the community as well! From online Meetups, to the forum, social networks, and CONNECT New York, he shared his DataWeave experience with hundreds of developers across the globe.
- Miguel Martinez has been jetsetting as well, presenting at Meetups in multiple cities, as well as at TrailheaDX — Salesforce’s Developer Conference — and Dreamforce.
- Jason Estevan flew to Atlanta CONNECT to share his journey as a MuleSoft Developer and how he went from being an integration developer in a large company to launch his own consultancy.
- Santosh Ojha has been a special guest in many cities across India, and has led some of the largest MuleSoft Meetups ever, with more than 400 attendees at a single event!
Amazing MuleSoft CONNECTs
MuleSoft CONNECT was held in six cities in 2019: Atlanta, San Francisco, Sydney, Chicago, New York, and London.
At each CONNECT, our booth served as a meeting place for our community members, special guests, and our Ambassadors. More than 15 new Meetup Groups were started at CONNECT this year! Thank you to those who started a local community in their city.
TrailheaDX San Francisco
TrailheaDX is Salesforce’s Developer Conference. This year, three of our top contributors were selected to present a use case and share their knowledge with the Salesforce Developer Community:
- Dharmesh Data, Principal Architect at Airbnb, presented how he helped connect multiple business departments at Airbnb, thanks to Anypoint Platform.
- Saiesh Prakash, Cloud Integration Architect at Nvidia, shared with Salesforce Developers how they can implement streaming APIs from Salesforce using Anypoint Platform.
- Miguel Martinez, Principal Solutions Architect at PhiDimensions, gave a talk about Salesforce and MuleSoft integration best practices.
At TrailheaDX, we also recognized 17 Trailblazers for their achievements in the MuleSoft Community, such as leading Meetups and creating great technical content, and blazing trails for other integration developers to learn and be successful.
Every year, Dreamforce is the worldwide gathering of the Salesforce ecosystem. MuleSoft had a large presence, and like at TrailheaDX, three of our top contributors were selected to share their integration knowledge with the audience.
- Miguel Martinez shared the common Salesforce + MuleSoft integration patterns and watch the demo of an implementation.
- Gean Martinez, Director, Data Technology and Strategy at Silverline, and Meetup co-leader in New York, took the audience through the entire end-to-end process to get started with APIs and develop a roadmap that ensures incremental value and success.
- Jay Janarthanan, MuleSoft and Salesforce Developer at Flagstar Bank, shared how to replicate Salesforce data in real time with Change Data Capture and MuleSoft.
For the first time in 2019, TrailheaDX traveled to India! The event was a great success, with an incredible developer community in the country. Two top MuleSoft contributors shared their MuleSoft wisdom:
- Akshata Sawant, Senior Consultant at Apisero and MuleSoft Meetup Leader in Mumbai, presented on how to unlock the power of Einstein with MuleSoft.
- Rahul Narooka, Lead Solution Architect at Infosys, presented HSBC’s journey with MuleSoft.
We also took some time during our keynote to recognize our local community leaders from Bangalore, who regularly organize Community Meetups:
- Pruthvi Raj Krishnam, Technical Lead at Cognizant
- Gaurav Sethi, Developer, Senior Consultant at CSG
- Vasanth Raj, Senior Integration Engineer at Atlassian
2019 saw many in-person events, but our community is also incredibly active online!
In 2019, more than 300 blogs and video tutorials were created and shared by MuleSoft Developers. This year, some of the most notable blogs and Youtube channel in the Community were:
- Joshua Erney
- Manik Magar
- Patryk Bandurski
- Jason Estevan
- Siva Thankamanee
- Apisero’s blog
- Tech Lightning
- Jitendra Bafna
We also launched a brand new Help Center and Community Forum, so MuleSoft Developers can get help (and help each other) anytime they need it.
Do you feel like you’re missing out on the fun? Join the MuleSoft Community today!
>> Join your local Meetup group
>> Register on our Community Forum