With the talent market growing increasingly competitive, it’s more important than ever for companies to build a multiyear strategy for human capital resources management (HCM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), apps, and analytics to recruit, onboard, retain, and develop their employees.
Hire-to-retire employee lifecycle technologies
There are more than 1,400 HR technology vendors in the market today. The human capital resource (HCM) ecosystem encompasses technology to support the entire employee lifecycle, including recruitment, onboarding, development, retention, and separation.
While every organization already has a unique mix of HCM, HRM, ERP, SaaS, and ATS systems, many are looking into next-gen technologies such as AI, cognitive interfaces, advanced analytics, sentiment analysis, and other innovations that will make work easier.
But in order to take employee experiences to the next level, it’s critical that HR managers first integrate their entire tech stack. This ensures HR can make use of the most up-to-date employee data, remove the need for manual data entry, and properly lay the groundwork for the adoption of advanced technologies.
Key HR integration capabilities
Here are five essential features that make HR integration easy for IT with MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform.
A developer portal and resources for rapid development
- More than 200 connectors for HR databases and operational systems including Workday, SuccessFactors, ServiceNow, Oracle Taleo, and PeopleSoft.
- Pre-built templates for implementing common process logic in Workday and ServiceNow #3: Worker Migration, Workday to SAP Worker Organization Aggregation, and more.
- Drag-and-drop integration development and graphical data-mapping.
- Rapid data mapping from source to target systems in just a click.
- An easy-to-use API developer portal to quickly create connectors for custom applications.
Organizations must develop applications that are compatible with both their existing architecture and infrastructure as well as their future state. They must ensure that both the applications, as well as the integration runtimes powering them, can be moved across deployment environments without disrupting existing applications.
- Simple containerization enables flexible deployment.
- Support for decoupled architecture enables low-risk HR cloud migration.
- Library of SaaS connectors enables new endpoints to be added with ease.
Security by design
As organizations integrate employee data across the application network, security must be a top priority to prevent unauthorized access to employee systems of record.
- OOTB policies for securing API traffic, and the ability to easily apply custom policies.
- Tokenization, data encryption, and edge protection.
- Compliance with ISO 27001, SSAE 18 SOC 1, SOC 2, PCI-DSS, and other security standards.
Organizations must ensure that the data and services they unlock are consumable by line of business teams, so that central IT doesn’t remain a bottleneck when these teams need system access. Such an approach can drive 4X increases in application development speed.
- Anypoint Exchange provides a hub for publishing and discovering on-premises system connectivity assets to be used across cloud integration projects.
- API mocking service, enabling design-first development.
Managing the increased complexity of applications consuming from assets across multiple environments can increase the amount of resources required to maintain these applications without robust operational/analytics capabilities.
- Single management console for APIs and integrations.
- Operational visibility and governance at each legacy system endpoint.
- Detailed analytics and insights on legacy system traffic.
To access other best practices on connecting your entire HR ecosystem, check out our 7 HCM integration best practices whitepaper.