On top of all the features we plan for next releases we are starting to think about Mule instance remote bootstrapping. The idea would be to facilitate installation/upgrade of whole mule instances on remote machines, including new ones.
Because the world does not need yet another agent, MMC could leverage SSH to remotely:
* push well known Mule distribution images (eventually customized)
* setup environment
* setup Mule
* start and register in MMC this fresh instance
Mule instance installation becomes a reproducible automatized process leading to increased devops confidence.
This capacity could then be used associated with others MMC features:
* schedule Mule upgrade of a group of servers
* schedule start/stop of a group of servers
* downgrade a Mule installation in case of unexpected behaviour
* bootstrap/start new instances to react to crashes/peak load (through alerts)
What do you think about this idea? Should we follow this direction?