Earlier this year, we announced Anypoint Partner Manager — a cloud-native, low-code B2B solution that accelerates onboarding and simplifies partner management. By extending the power of Anypoint Platform for B2B integrations, customers can leverage a single platform for APIs, integrations, and B2B. With Anypoint Partner Manager, businesses modernize their B2B integrations to move at the speed required of today’s businesses.
Anypoint Partner Manager provides:
- Accelerated partner onboarding: Onboard new trading partners faster by using the wizard-based B2B agreement setup, making it easier to onboard new trading partners and identify onboarding errors.
- Simplified partner management: Gain a consolidated view of all trading partner components, making it easier to find, configure, and deploy changes for those partners.
- Scalable architecture: Create flexible B2B integrations across hybrid deployments, while meeting stringent government and industry compliance regulations.
- Improved partner experience: Achieve a centralized view of all transactions in your trading partner network, deliver increased transparency that allows for quick responses and improves interactions with all your business partners.
Anypoint Platform is uniquely poised to drive innovation within companies looking to scale their trading partner network in a centralized, secure way. It also lowers the total cost of ownership of your EDI systems and enables seamless integration of B2B processes with key enterprise systems of record.
Existing B2B solutions aren’t scalable
EDI remains an indispensable technology to power B2B integrations, but many legacy B2B integration solutions require specialized skills to operate and manage. Such solutions are slow, inflexible, and expensive to maintain. As teams need to manage various solutions, long-term maintenance costs are created in the form of redundant B2B solutions, such as custom code, VAN, and outsourced vendors. They are also limited in their ability to support different deployment models, such as hybrid or cloud, which are necessary to enable flexibility in today’s digital enterprise.
Modernize B2B, transform trading partner relationships
By extending MuleSoft’s core capabilities to B2B, our customers achieve an API-led connectivity approach to B2B. This enables them to create a decoupled architecture that abstracts underlying complexities to focus on building partner relationships. Below is a diagram of how API-led connectivity can co-exist with EDI. In this example, we show the following APIs:
System APIs: This layer takes the core domain objects in an enterprise and shields consumers of these domains from complexities such as – dealing with multiple backend systems, working through different connectivity protocols, and abiding by specific security protocols.
Process APIs: This layer takes the core assets and combines them with business logic to create more value. By aggregating data from Product, Order, and Partner APIs, the Sales Order, Invoice, and Shipping Notice APIs are created.
Experience APIs: This layer is designed for consumption by a specific end-user app or device that will be exposed to the partners. Enterprises can now receive purchase orders from partners via EDI or APIs. Anypoint Partner Manager creates a partner profile that can be templatized and reused between partners; if the new partner requires similar B2B/EDI formats, e.g. EDI 850 via AS2. This will be exposed to partners via a web channel or portal to allow visibility of B2B transaction statuses and the associated payloads to be viewed or downloaded.
To learn more, join us for our “Intro to Anypoint Partner Manager” webinar on October 31, 2019, to discover how you can leverage Anypoint Partner Manager to:
- Accelerate partner and supplier onboarding by reusing APIs and partner templates.
- Gain end-to-end visibility across all B2B transactions and backend integrations on a unified platform to streamline operations.
Integrate modern APIs and legacy EDIs on one hybrid platform.