This week’s Muley comes to us from the cloud integrations team in Buenos Aires! As an Engineering Manager, Alejandro focuses on keeping things running smoothly. Read on to learn about some of biggest challenges he has to overcome.
First thought that came to mind when you looked into the mirror today?
- How hot I am, wait, I mean old… that was the word.
How did you find MuleSoft?
- Nahuel Lofeudo, a fellow Muley, worked on my team at Travelocity and quit to come to MuleSoft. As a result, I hated MuleSoft! Little did I know I’d be here too.
How did you first get interested in your field? What is your field?
- It all started with Logo and video games on an MSX computer back when I was 6. I was really interested in how computers work. Next thing you know I was studying Computer Science at UBA.
What exactly do you do?
- Good question… It’s a combination of meetings, interviewing, hiring, managing the team and more meetings.
How was the interview process?
- I interviewed for another position first so the process took longer than I anticipated. I had a total of 7 interviews! The odd thing about my process is that I got to meet Greg, our CEO, in person while he was in BA and he interviewed me before the hiring manager did.
What’s a typical day like for you? Daily routine?
- Getting up late 9am-ish… going through emails on the subway. Then it’s mostly meetings and fire drills.
What are you currently working on?
- My team uses our tools (Studio, Mule ESB, CloudHub) to build SaaS integrations. Some of them develop multi-tenanted OOTB, self-served integrations. Another group is working on a secret project to improve time to value of our customers.
Biggest challenge of the day?
- Being able to schedule a meeting on a Lifesize with both SF and BA offices :]
Best perk of being at MuleSoft?
- Working with amazing people and free food (you never, ever, say no to free food).
Biggest challenge since you’ve been at MuleSoft?
- Hiring, we get a lot of candidates but we want only the best.
What’s something new you learned while being at MuleSoft?
- Being able to pass on good candidates, when you want the best people you have to learn to wait for them.
Best piece of advice you’ve received?
- “Try not to fight for EVERYTHING” and “You don’t get charged for using please and thank you”. I still fail to follow those two :]
- TV, movies, video games, swimming pool, visiting parents, going out for dinner, etc, etc
Most embarrassing moment?
- My embarras-o-meter is broken, but once I sent a huge internal only rant to a customer by mistake D:
If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- Teleportation. I can’t believe that in 2014 we still need to sit and wait for 15hrs to get from BA to SFO. Somebody do something!
Favorite food you could eat everyday if you had to?
- Ice cream (but I can’t as I’m a Diabetic).
If you weren’t doing what you’re doing, what would you do?
- Can I dream here? Pro tennis player.
If you could have any pet in the world, what would you want?
- None, I can barely take care of myself
Most memorable moment at MuleSoft?
- Probably last company meetup’s hackathon project presentation. One team presented a project that consisted of triggering API calls when human contact was made (like taking a picture when 2 people high five eachother), it had a ridiculous name to go with it. No words to explain it. You’d have to join MuleSoft and ask for the video (I hope someone has it).
That wraps it up for this week’s Meet a Muley post! Be sure to check back next week to meet another member of the team! Till then, be sure to follow us on Twitter @MuleSoft and LinkedIn for all things integration!
Interested in working with talented people? Think you’re a superstar and have what it takes? Visit our MuleSoft Careers page to check out our latest openings.