This past quarter the MuleSoft Community hosted over 135 Meetups, introduced a brand new MuleSoft Mentor program, and welcomed many new contributors. In this post, we’ll be sharing the top contributors this quarter — with quite a few new faces!
Earning a feature in our Community Roundup is a great accomplishment and means these Ambassadors, Mentors, and other Community contributors have helped our Community. If you are interested in sharing your own blogs and videos, tag us on LinkedIn using @MuleSoftDevelopers, use #MulesoftDevelopers, or submit your content.
Check out all of the top Q2 MuleSoft Community contributors below:
Special shout outs
Introducing the MuleSoft Mentors
Last quarter, we introduced a brand new MuleSoft Community program — MuleSoft Mentors. After our application period closed, we welcomed 136 new MuleSoft Mentors into our Community. Learn more about our MuleSoft Mentors and how you can become a Mentor yourself. We’d like to give a special shout out to our first 16 MuleSoft Mentors who helped us launch this program — learn more about them by reading their bios.
We also ran our first hashtag competition where we asked community members to share their own #mymulesofttutorials on a topic of their choice. Check out the top five submissions below:
- Creating a simple query and export data tool UI with Mule 4 for Salesforce by Edgar Moran, MuleSoft Ambassador and Integration Engineer at Twitter
- Creating Maven archetypes for a Mule 4 application by Julia Stupnikova, Integration Developer at Leadex Systems
- Reading .csv files with and without headers using delimiters in Mule 4 by Pranav Davar, Sr. Associate Consultant at Infosys
- How to get Facebook page insights using MuleSoft by Ravi Singh, MuleSoft Mentor and Associate MuleSoft Architect at Saama
- Manual Watermarking using MuleSoft Object Store by Swapnil Sahu, MuleSoft Mentor and Integration Engineer at Delivery Centric
MuleSoft blog features
This past quarter, our MuleSoft Community contributed amazing content on career development and real use cases to the MuleSoft blog. Check them out below:
- How to create a new patient flow in Salesforce by Audrey Honeycutt, MuleSoft Mentor and Enterprise Architect, and Sophia Chege, Integrated Tech Solutions Manager, both at Nebraska Med
- 5 steps to enabling transformational programs in your organization by Emilien Beucler, Sr. Manager Enterprise Integrations at Air Canada
- How to create a custom connector using Mule SDK by Gaurav Sethi, MuleSoft Mentor and Software Developer Sr. at CSG
- How to secure data between MuleSoft and Google Services by Guilherme Pereira, MuleSoft Ambassador and MuleSoft Integration Architect at Infomementum
- How to build an API developer portal by Jose Ramon Huerga, MuleSoft Ambassador and Sr, Manager at Cognizant
- 3 types of API fragment strategies by Joy Sabal, MuleSoft Ambassadress, MuleSoft Practice Lead at Datacom
- A day in the life of an Enterprise and Integration Architect and Navigating a career as a MuleSoft Architect by MuleSoft Mentors, Kyle Usher, Sr. Manager, Integration Architecture at Johnson Controls, and Ujjval Tota, Enterprise Architect at Reckitt
- My journey from Salesforce architect to certified MuleSoft developer by Sarah Khalid, MuleSoft Mentor,
- Real-time monitoring of CloudHub applications using PagerDuty and Slack by Sravan Vazrapu, Lead Member of Technical Staff at Salesforce
- How MuleSoft changed my career trajectory by Whitney Akinola, MuleSoft Mentor, Software Engineering Associate Manager and MuleSoft Enablement Lead at Accenture
Pros of the quarter
Each quarter, we feature a few MuleSoft-certified developers and/or architects who share their MuleSoft journey and offer tips for anyone looking to become MuleSoft Certified.
Paola Alcantar Valdes, MuleSoft Mentor and Integration Engineer at OpenLogix
“I started recently my journey with MuleSoft two years ago however, it didn’t take me long to realize the potential of this excellent integration platform and how incredibly
agile and efficient it can provide solutions with MuleSoft.
Thanks to those factors, I prepared myself and became a certified engineer at MuleSoft, which undoubtedly offered me unique learning paths and IT opportunities. My goal is to continue preparing myself to encourage and support all those who want to join this incredible MuleSoft Community.”
Rolando Carrasco, CTO at Services & Processes Solutions
“I’ve worked in the API Management space since 2013, and with MuleSoft for the past four years. MuleSoft has been a top priority for my company and for our professional interests, that is why we have been very committed to achieve as many certifications as we can. Personally I have three MuleSoft certifications: MCD, MCIA, and MCPA.
My career has been impacted in so many ways because of those certifications. I have created more confidence with our customers, delivered training around MuleSoft technology, influenced my colleagues to continuously make an effort to achieve those certifications, and challenged myself to make a difference in my company and in our Latinamerican market.”
Tintu Jacob Shaji, MuleSoft Meetup Leader and IT Apps Engineer at Twitter
“It’s been a great experience working on MuleSoft for more than five years. I love how the platform has been constantly improving and exciting. I still remember using MuleSoft to digitalize the business processes. Being MuleSoft certified and attending certification courses has enabled me to leverage various ideas and perspectives which has further brought creativity and innovation to help solve my company’s unique business challenges.”
Community blogs of the quarter
Below are the best blogs from our MuleSoft Community that help other developers and architects solve integration problems or expand their MuleSoft skills:
- What should be monitored in a MuleSoft runtime by Adam Mead, Sr. Consultant at AVIO Consulting
- Quick and Simple Logging Framework Using JSON Logger by Ananda Joardar, Integration Architect at TCS
- Mule 4 Unsplash Connector by Edgar Moran, MuleSoft Ambassador and Integration Engineer at Twitter
- Three part series on how to build your MuleSoft implementation by Jenny Rendall, Client Advisor at AVIO Consulting
- From zero to hero con MuleSoft y su Mocking Service by Jorge Lebrato, MuleSoft Mentor and Technical Manager Integration Architecture at Everis
- Easiest way to integrate automatic code review of MuleSoft apps using SonarQube and Docker Container by Leonardo Gonzalez, MuleSoft Team Lead at Services & Processes Solutions
- Setting up MuleSoft Runtime Fabric with AKS by Ranjeet Bhoyar, MuleSoft Mentor and Solution Architect at Persistent Systems
- Subscribe to Platform Events with MuleSoft by Sarah Khalid, MuleSoft Mentor and Salesforce Technical Architect at Perficient
- Encryption in DataWeave: HMACBinary and toBase64 functions by Soumyajit Sinha, Sr. Systems Engineer at Infosys
- MongoDB aggregation pipeline command by Sravan Lingam, MuleSoft Ambassador and Sr. Integration Developer/Architect at Billennium
Video tutorials of the quarter
These video tutorials were created by our MuleSoft Community members over the last quarter. They are easy to follow, range in difficulty level from beginner to advanced, and are another useful resource for our Community.
- MuleSoft Dataweave for beginners by Arul Alphonse, MuleSoft Mentor and Sr. Integration Architect at Cognizant
- Consolidate your System APIs by Jason Estevan, MuleSoft Ambassador and Founder at EsteSolutions
- Function overloading in DataWeave 2.0 by Ashish Pardhi, MuleSoft Architect at Apisero
- Playlist on Anypoint DataGraph by Jitendra Bafna, MuleSoft Ambassador and Sr. Manager at Capgemini
- Integration chats with real developers and architects by Whitney Akinola, MuleSoft Mentor and MuleSoft Enablement Lead at Accenture
- Multipart form-data by MuleSoft Tech Zone
- Salesfroce streaming channel integration with MuleSoft by Uday Kumar, Associate Solution Architect at Apisero
Top social contributor
Congrats to Gaurav Sethi, MuleSoft Mentor and Software Developer Sr. at CSG, Rajesh Kumar, MuleSoft Ambassador and Lead MuleSoft Architect at TCS, and Ritika Sharma, Development Specialist at CSG for their Integration Assistance LinkedIn page. From posting useful “Tips of the day” to visual how-tos, their social presence educates the MuleSoft Community every day.
Top helpers of the quarter
The MuleSoft Forum is a resource for developers and architects with technical questions in need of help from the MuleSoft Community. These three contributors on the Help Center are being recognized for the quality of their answers and willingness to help other community members with their toughest MuleSoft questions on the Forum:
- Aj de Guzman, Software Engineering Associate Manager at Accenture with 88 contributions
- Scott Slibernick, Sr. Technical Instructor at MuleSoft with 40 contributions
- Steve Billingsley, Enterprise Architect at ITA Group with 37 contributions
And a special shout out goes to our moderators Shekh Muenedeen, MuleSoft Mentor, Ryan Andal, MuleSoft Ambassador, and Manish Yadav, MuleSoft Ambassador. These moderators keep the Forum running smoothly and are always ready to answer questions.
MuleSoft Meetups highlights
This past quarter was a record setter in the MuleSoft Community! Each month, our Meetup Leaders hosted +45 Meetups with great success. More exciting highlights include:
- +15 new city groups hosting their first Meetup with a high number of registration and attendance.
- We featured MuleSoft Meetup Leaders sharing their individual development and how the Community has helped them.
- Launched a Java for MuleSoft Developers group, as an interest-based group, with their first event in July.
- Created Healthcare and Life Science and Finance Meetup groups. Both are planning their first event soon.
As you can see, this last quarter was fueled with awesome Community contributions and initiatives to continue connecting and learning virtually. Next quarter, we are looking forward to even more contributions. Join our Developer Community to stay connected and continue learning.